RE: IETF/W3C STRINT workshop report draft published

Thanks Jeff,

It looks to me that the take away related to points 7/8/10 in the IETF report mentioned below may have an impact on W3C activities. W3C Web Security IG may have those items in its radar, in collaboration with PING.
In addition, point 3, which is a follow up on security threat model is key to keep a common knowledge of risks and possible countermeasures.
Regards,
Virginie

3.   Work should continue on progressing the PM threat model
        draft[I-D.barnes-pervasive-problem] discussed in the workshop.

7.      Many User Interfaces (UI) could be better in terms of how they
        present security state, though this is a significantly hard
        problem.  There may be benefits if certain dangerous choices
        were simply not offered anymore.  But that could require
        significant co-ordination among competing software makers,
        otherwise some will be considered "broken" by users.

8.   Ways to better integrate UI issues into the processes of IETF
        and W3C needs further discussion.

10.  The IETF and W3C can do more so that default ("out-of-the-box")
        settings for protocols better protect security and privacy.