Re: same-origin assertions in the DNS (Fwd: [apps-discuss] draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00)

(I gave in and subscribed, so no more need to cc: me.  The cc:s are
therefore trimmed.)

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 04:08:16PM +0100, Gervase Markham wrote:
> If the PSL were replaced by a worldwide agreement to encode the info in
> the DNS, in a way which was harvestable to produce a legacy PSL and also
> directly queryable, I think I might do a little dance of happiness.

One of the reasons I thought I ought to try to do something here is
that something along these lines might just possibly get included in
new agreements with gTLDs if we have something useful.  I haven't
raised this with ICANN yet, because I don't even know whether the
proposal could possibly be useful.  But if it seems even a little
likely to work, then I don't think it'd be hard to get TLD operators
to take this up.  Adding an RR to a zone file is way easier for TLD
operators than to co-ordinate with an outside body.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com