Re: Unofficial Draft of Content Security Policy

So, I went around asking some random security folk, web folk, and a
couple of sysadmins.  Maybe 10-15 people in total.  Pretty much all of
them felt that (b) was the better option for various reasons: usability
confusion on the part of users/developers, increased support costs, more
intuitive behaviour ("if there's no policy then none should be
enforced"), etc.

I work in a security lab with quite a lot of human factors/usability
work going on so we've spent a lot more time than average watching users
fail or succeed at security-related tasks, but even those people not
affiliated with my lab said it sounded like a usability and
comprehension disaster to fail closed in this case.

(Two people also had a little rant about how frustrating they found the
behaviour with respect to self-signed SSL certificates in Firefox, which
I thought was interesting that this brought that choice to mind.)