Re: XSLT style sheets

From: Giorgio Maone <g.maone@informaction.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:14:17 +0200
To: Brandon Sterne <bsterne@mozilla.com>
CC: Brian Smith <bsmith@mozilla.com>, public-web-security@w3.org, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
> lump them with script-src which sites will
> understand has a higher risk profile.  Thoughts?

FWIW, NoScript has been applying the same policy to XSLT and scripts for more
than two years (more specifically, stylesheets are blocked unless they’re from
a trusted source and their parent document is trusted as well).

Incidentally, this topic is getting some attention in security talks lately,
e.g. http://www.hackinparis.com/talk-offensive-xslt

-- G