Re: CSP and web analytics

I agree web analytics are easier to cspify (pronounced 'cisspify' :) than
3rd party ads but I think they're first in line to obstruct CSP adoption. A
lot of organizations who I'd like to see implement CSP in the first round
don't have 3rd party ads, such as banks and insurance companies. Also, web
apps as opposed to web *sites* are less likely to have 3rd party code-based
content.

Eduardo, thanks for the info on Google Analytics. I figured that was the
case and as far as I can see ga.js doesn't generate any inline code blocks
but we'd have to check it with CSP to be sure. Any idea why the GA guides
don't show or even suggest the file solution? Seems unlikely the majority of
developers will fix this on their own, rather just follow the guide. Maybe
we can suggest the Google Analytics team to change it?

I will set up a meeting with some Omniture guys to discuss the issue with
them. Will get back on that one.

   /John

--
Conf Comm, http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Conferences_Committee<http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com>