Re: Request for feedback: DOMCrypt API proposal

On 02/06/11 15:41, Nico Williams wrote:
> If people were to rely on TLS key extraction then we might as well
> kiss mutual authentication goodbye,

Two things. First, I don't see that that follows and even if
it did it still would not necessarily be convincing. My idea
in pushing key extraction is to avoid loads of developers
re-inventing the TLS handshake (badly) at the application
layer. Secondly, mutual auth is a different (in practice)
hard problem that's also well worth trying to address.

> but mutual authentication and
> channel binding had plenty of support at the workshop (though they are
> not mentioned in the report).

If there's interest in that too, that's great, but these
things should not be seen as competing IMO.

S.