Re: XSS mitigation in browsers

From: Daniel Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:36:50 -0800
To: Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
CC: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>, Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@coredump.cx>, gaz Heyes <gazheyes@gmail.com>, Giorgio Maone <g.maone@informaction.com>, Brandon Sterne <bsterne@mozilla.com>, public-web-security@w3.org, Lucas Adamski <ladamski@mozilla.com>
On 1/22/11 12:59 AM, Devdatta Akhawe wrote:
>> If the CSP policy disables all script, how will the script run which detects
>> the event of a policy violation and reports it?
>
> Don't do that :). I mean, that is a problem with Adam's original proposal too.

There are cases where complete script disabling might be
appropriate, why not? We do that in the Firefox UI in a couple of
places, and whoever invented the HTML 5 <iframe> sandbox attribute
thought it was useful.