Re: [whatwg] [URL] Starting work on a URL spec

From: Eduardo Vela <sirdarckcat@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:07:43 -0500
To: w3c@adambarth.com, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, David Lindsay <thornmaker@gmail.com>, public-web-security@w3.org
FYI:
http://urlparsing.googlecode.com/
http://curlies.googlecode.com/

-- Eduardo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:11:35 -0700
Subject: [whatwg] [URL] Starting work on a URL spec
To: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>

I've begun working on a specification for how browsers process URLs:

http://github.com/abarth/url-spec

The repository is currently empty, but I'll be adding the basic
skeleton over the next few weeks.  My intention is to triangulate
between how IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera process URLs to
find an algorithm that is both compatible with the web and moderately
sane.

Please let me know if you know of any public URL parsing test suites.
My main starting point will be the WebKit URL parsing test suite,

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/url

which was adapted from the GURL parsing library.

Thanks,
Adam