Re: Sandboxed iframes (was Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea)

Hmm, I agree with Adam Barth, bad developers <exist> in the world, and
stupid filters that are surviving exist as well.. anyway I think that data:
URIs should be on several blacklists already.. since they are vulnerable
already on FF.

And on another subject,

data:text/sandboxed-html,<USER DATA>

would be an awesome way to sandbox content inline, almost without the need
of the sandbox="" element, but I would like to ask to reconsider to add a
new argument for sandboxed content, to avoid old browsers from popping a
download dialog:

<iframe sandbox-src="">

Wouldn't that solve that specific issue? I can think that some people will
just click download/open and on all browsers except IE8 it will run with
localfilesystem access..

This way you also give a failsafe in case the UA doesn't support it

<iframe sandbox-src="usercontent.php?id=1331" src="error-nosandbox.html"/>

Anyway, regarding:

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, sird@rckc.at wrote:

> > Starting from abarth message:
> > http://sla.ckers.org/forum/read.php?13,31377#msg-31430
> >
> > Anyway, maybe I misunderstood what he said, I thought he meant in chrome
> it
> > was a new and exclusive origin (different from the parent one) and my
> tests
> > sort of confirmed that.
> >
> > On firefox for example, the origin is something a little weird (that is
> > probably the same maciej just explained). where you have a different
> origin
> > but access to parent/opener..
>
> Is the current spec text satisfactory?

yes it is :)