Re: text/sandboxed-html

On Jan 15, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>>
>>> For symmetry, we should also have
>>>
>>> application/xhtml-sandboxed+xml
>>>
>>> right?
>> This actually would not have the desired behavior in legacy UAs,
>> because many (well, at least WebKit-based ones) will recognize any
>> MIME type ending in +xm as an XML type and will parse it as such.
>
> Well, parsing it isn't a problem; right? Do they do more (sniff the
> namespace?).

I'm not sure what you mean by "sniff the namespace". If content is
served with an XML MIME type, we will attempt to render it. If there
are elements in the XHTML namespace, they will be treated as such,
regardless of the specific XML MIME type used. So for example you can
serve XHTML as image/svg+xml and it will render fine. All XML MIME
types are essentially equivalent to us.

Regards,
Maciej