Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea

From: gaz Heyes <gazheyes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:37:05 +0000
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, public-web-security@w3.org
2009/12/8 Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

> Both of these would store any interesting information as text nodes inside
> the element. I don't believe any current selectors let you select based on
> text contents of the element.

So the problem is we don't want the selectors to be used for certain
elements but those elements vary. Then why don't we have a sensitive
attribute with a HTML element which effectively disables the selectors.
Something like:-

<input type="text" sensitive="true" />

or selectively enable the selectors like:-
<input type="text" css-selectors="true" />