Re: What is the same-origin policy for (was Re: The Origin header)

Oh I just reread Use Cases.. quoting:

> An XBL binding allows the document to which it is bound to have full
access to the document in which it is defined. To prevent data theft
cross-origin<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/att-0914/draft.html#cross-origin>XBL
usage is therefore prohibited. The uniform messaging policy enables
cross-origin<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/att-0914/draft.html#cross-origin>XBL
bindings. If the user is authorized to use the XBL widget, it is
possible to have user-specific
cross-origin<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/att-0914/draft.html#cross-origin>bindings.
[XBL]<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/att-0914/draft.html#ref-xbl>

So who allows the binding here?

a.example.com/mozbind.html

or

b.example.net/binding.xml

Obviously it must be a.example.com (right?) so, now.. a.example.com can
"bind" b.example.net bindings.. because a.example.com trusts b.example.net.

So this only applies for bindings or also for DOM?

Greetz!!

-- Eduardo
http://www.sirdarckcat.net/

Sent from Hangzhou, 33, China