Re: HTTPbis and the Same Origin Policy

On Dec 3, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> I have heard that the deadline is today. This is the first I have
> heard about this issue as well as its imminent closure. I appeal to
> whoever's judgement is needed for a reasonable extension. I volunteer
> to write a change proposal removing the Origin header from the HTML5
> spec by January 4. May I have that extension?

The proper venue for such a request would be public-html. The details
of the process and what goes into a Change Proposal are here: <http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
 >.

I see that you are a member of the HTML Working Group. Notice of this
deadline was first posted on the public-html mailing list here: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0940.html

A reminder of the status and deadlines for all issues was sent here: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Nov/0625.html

The deadline was mentioned specifically in the telecon agenda sent
Tuesday evening and in the telecon this morning: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009OctDec/0019.html

This is just a subset of the many times this has been mentioned. I
believe notice of the deadline has been more than adequate.
Furthermore, this issue has been open in the tracker since December
2008.

That being said:

A) If we do not receive a Change Proposal by the deadline, the issue
will be closed without prejudice, meaning it will not block Last Call;
but there will be no final decision, so we'll still be able to
reconsider the issue if presented with a completed Change Proposal.

B) If you volunteer by the original deadline (generously speaking,
midnight Pacific Time today) and give a specific deadline to be
finished with a Change Proposal, the Chairs are likely to entertain
that request.

Regards,
Maciej