Re: Appeals court revisits Eolas decision

From: Jim <jim@idexer.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:35:44 -0700
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Handy" <jeffh@bisk.com>
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:30 AM
Subject: RE: Appeals court revisits Eolas decision

> Everything that can be imagined today you can bet Gene already
> demonstrated it to us every week on Star Trek.

I never realized you could bring in science fiction as prior art.  So,
when and if someone invents a system based on AI (Data), that inventor
is out of luck from a patent standpoint.  Not sure that's really valid.
Or was this supposed to be a "wink" post.  ;)

Yeah take it as a slight wink at least..... But remember, a Donald Duck
cartoon did indeed invalidate a patent for recovering sunken underwater
ships because Donald and the nephews raised a ship by filling it with
ping pong balls shoved through a tube hehehehe

So might not be something to completely wink away as crazy ;-)