RE: Microsoft Proves Pronouns Patentable

ML wrote:
>Other media sources and lists may be a more receptive channel to these
>sarcastic twists of facts.

I see no twist of facts, just a juxtaposition of two facts in such a way
as to illustrate how bogus at least one of the participants the US patent
system is. Microsoft is against "obvious" patents when the patent is not
theirs, and for "obvious" patents when the patent is theirs, and the time
for the turnaround on their principles is measured in days. The fact that
others sought to assist Microsoft is irrelevant. What concerns me is that
there are probably other less well known cases where little guys (i.e.
those who can't afford to patent their implementations, and probably can't
afford to prove that they are the inventors of said implementations
retrospectively) are getting screwed over. And BTW, I am using "obvious"
here in a technical sense, not in any bullcrap legal sense.

I thank Theo for the aliteration and the juxtaposition, which brightened
my morning- if indeed they are all his own work, and I have no reason to
doubt it at this time.

Archer

End.