Plugin + embedded object

From: Andrew Arme <andy@arme.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:36:23 +0100
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>
Possible evidence of plugin + embedded object.

You may recall that I suggested possible evidence of PLUG-IN by a browser
conforming to

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/htmlplus_paper/htmlplus.dtd

through verification scripts.

DTD also suggests (at least crude) functionality of PLUG-IN interacting with
EMBEDDED-OBJECT as defined in

EMBEDDED-OBJECT = External object referenced in HTML which may affect
                                    display content in browser

(Note, therefore that a PLUG-IN is a kind of executable EMBEDDED-OBJECT).

 So you could say that an INPUT element of type 'submit' that is used as an image
button is a simple kind of embedded object.

If a browser conforming to the above DTD has a FORM element containing an image
button, then the verification script specified may 'disable' the image button.

Therefore, given above DTD, you could have a hypermedia browser with

PLUG-IN + EMBEDDED-OBJECT + interaction (crude maybe!)

Sorry to bore you further with another definintion!

Andy Arme

ps There is a further rare interpolation that I have yet to 'solve'.