RE: Server Workaround to Render "Second" Documents Acceptable?

From: Mike <mike@cubiccompass.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:42:25 -0700
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>
This is really a pedantic interpretation of the patent, but if a "second"
hypermedia document is required as a workaround, perhaps a new HTTP request
header could be used so that compliant browsers would instruct servers to
reformat responses containing OBJECT tags into a secondary document.

Accept: text/html; isolateobjects=1

-Mike

Cubic Compass Software

http://www.cubiccompass.com <http://www.cubiccompass.com/>

(BTW- Ideally, I'd prefer a settlement between MSFT and Eolas to avoid such
a workaround altogether. My proposals are in no way meant discredit Eolas'
patent or deny their right to a "David and Goliath" battle for licensing
their alleged IP.)