RE: Server Workaround to Render "Second" Documents Acceptable?

From: <christopher.jauregui@syngenta.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:54:27 +0100
To: TSturm@modemmedia.com, public-web-plugins@w3.org

Uhmmm, no, JavaScript and Flash could still talk fine, just like using
JavaScript with frames, iframes, etc. You just need to reference the things
a bit different. Like putting something together with Sharepoint Portal
Server.  :o)

quote:
  From a Designer/Programmer point of view, replacing <OBJECT> with some
dynamic <IFRAME> mechanism is the probably the excellent perspective for
implementing a work-around.

True, doing this on the server side could be an elegant fix for simple flash
objects in existing pages, but it won't do any good if the original page had
any kind of Flash - JavaScript interaction.
I can think of several instances where we had JavaScript talk to Flash or
vice versa and these interactions would break in such a scenario.