Scope of the patent

From: Steve Brimley <steve.brimley@toplev.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:04:55 +0100
To: "'W3C: Public Web Plugins List'" <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

I took the time to paraphrase and simplify the claim part of the patent
application in question just so that I could understand it myself.
As far as I can see from my reading of the application, the patent only
affects plugins that occupy part and only part of the browser window, the
rest of the window being occupied by the containing html document. Thus
applications like Adobe Acrobat Reader that completely take over the browser
window are not affected.
Does anyone disagree with this?

I published the paraphrase on
http://www.toplev.com:8080/Miscellaneous/Patent.htm.