Re: If MS pulls plug-in support, who do I sue

It would be a fairly trivial change to have IE launch a linked swf
directly in the standalone flash player, rather than in the browser
window using activeX.  At this point no plugin would be required; it'd
be a regular <a href=> tag which opened a separate program.  This would
be fine for most non-irritating uses of flash (and I say that as a
purveryor of said flash irritations)  For instance, Homestar Runner
would just open to an html splash page, have a link to their flash site,
and that would open in Flash Player.

--
Michael Condouris
http://www.amberdigital.com