Re: Will this verdict effect java?

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Driekus de Lange wrote:

> We use plain java in our web-pages, on Windows Browsers we
> have to use the Microsoft VM (Hotspot on Windows is too sluggish
> and the applications are buggy.)
> My guestion:
> Will the verdict effect us as well, if so, what action can be taken.

Short Answer Part 1: Probably.

Short Answer Part 2: Wait for Microsoft's update to their web browser so
                     we can see 'how bad is it'. Until we know
                     _exactly_ what MS intends to do to their browser to
                     comply with patent, we simply don't know how serious
                     the impact is or what actions will have to be taken
                     in response.

--
Benjamin Franz

        People buy holes, not drill bits.