Surprised

From: D Goneit <dontask4it@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-web-plugins@w3.org

I am suprised at the amount of speculation on this
list; apparently few have taken the time to read the
patent in detail or the IEEE Visualization paper.

From my reading of those documents, I think the claim
language is straight-forward and clearly
differentiates this invention from the earlier work
that has been discussed.

I do not believe patents, software or not, are
inherently bad.  In fact, I believe they are the best
defense the technical community has to ensure that
innovation continues against the hegemony of the
WINTEL duopoloy.