a what if...

From: Michael Condouris <priority_one@amberdigital.com>
Date: 04 Sep 2003 15:31:08 -0400
To: W3C Public Web Plugins List <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

What if Microsoft's change to IE is to actually patch commonly used
plugins directly into the browser's binary?  Would this circumvent the
patent by eliminating the call to an external executable?

If so, other browsers would have to follow suit if they were persued.
It would certainly put the kibosh on new plugin creation, but give them
a better negotiating position.

Just a thought, please let me know if I'm way off base.
--
Michael Condouris
http://www.amberdigital.com