RE: NeWS as prior art?

From: Richard M. Smith <rms@computerbytesman.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:44:48 -0400
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

Sounds promising.  Did NeWS also allow external programs to take over a
part of a NeWS window and display content in it?  A simple example might
a clock program that runs on the client side.

BTW, from the press coverage of the Eolas/Microsoft trial, it appears
that Microsoft only looked for prior art in the context of Web browsers.
Not sure why they didn't also look at BBS software, X11, and NeWS.

Richard