Re: Microsoft Patents Writing Windows Apps Using HTML

From: Jerry Mead <feedback@meadroid.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:32:31 -0000
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

How very interesting, thanks.

I see that this was filed on May 20 1999.

Under 'other references' I also see our product WPM (which was subsequently
renamed Zeepe [http://www.zeepe.com/] ) flagged as being available "at least
as early as June 1999". In fact WPM was first made public and offered for
sale on our company site during May 1998. WPM/Zeepe is also a "method and
apparatus for writing a windows application in HTML"  as described in the
abstract of this patent [6,662,341].

I wonder what the intention is here.

Jerry Mead