Re: Minimal event timing proposal

Long term, I think enabling reducing the threshold (for event timing and
long tasks) makes sense, but I don't think we should block initial
standardization on this.

This proposal considers measuring the duration between event dispatch until
the display actually updates to be out of scope.
I believe we should land what I've got proposed, and then consider adding
an additional "nextPaint" (name TBD) attribute as a followup.

This API provides significant value without knowledge of the display time,
and including the display time introduces a bunch of additional complexity.

The primary counter-argument is that it would make more sense to threshold
on the time from the event's hardware timestamp until the display is
updated, instead of just until event processing is finished. If an event is
handled quickly, but it causes a slow frame to be produced, we won't report
a record.

There are a few ways we can deal with this:

   - We could change to threshold on the duration until display when we
   spec the "nextPaint" attribute.
   - We could rely on the slow frames frames API, which we'll eventually
   need to spec to handle slow animations that aren't driven by input.

If others think we should require exposing the time until the display is
updated before shipping this API, I'm happy to add it, but I anticipate it
slowing progress significantly and would rather ship a targeted initial API
and then iterate.