W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > July 2018

Minutes [was: Re: WebPerfWG triage call - June 28th 11am PST]

From: Xiaoqian Wu <xiaoqian@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 20:50:57 +0800
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <536a797172170e87120a75d2263b4c12@w3.org>
Minutes for this call are available at
https://www.w3.org/2018/06/28-webperf-minutes.html

also in plain text as

WebPerf Group Call
28 Jun 2018
Agenda

Attendees
Present
yoav, igrigorik, todd, NicJansma, garrett, dcreager, xiaoqian, bowen, 
hxl
Regrets
Chair
yoav
Scribe
igrigorik
Contents
Topics
Nav Timing
Resource Timing
Page Visibility
Performance Timeline
Next Call
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
Nav Timing
<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/65

two issues: merging specs --> we agreed on RT+NT; second is making sure 
links are correct and we have steps to prevent

<scribe> ACTION: yoav to open new issue on charter-webperf to audit 
links and determine if/what build infra (and processes) we can put in 
place to keep links good

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/83

todd: filed because quick testing showed that we had some differences 
between UAs
... the case is: main doc has unload handler, and subdocs have unload 
handlers; the unload time of parent doc should include time of child 
unload?

<scribe> ACTION: Nick and Yoav to investigate what the expected behavior 
is, wire up some tests Nick + Yoav will investigate

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/84

<scribe> ACTION: Yoav to compare processing vs attribute definitions and 
see if there are any changes to be made

Resource Timing
<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/82

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/141

Todd: we need a test, so we can agree on what we're solving, and see 
what the differences are

<scribe> ACTION: Todd to wire up a WPT test

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/96

Yoav: related to above

AI: extend the WPT test to include logic for whether entry is dropped
... update the spec

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/139

AI: wire up the test to see what the current behavior is?

Page Visibility
<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/34

<xiaoqian> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/pull/38

Todd: the language here needs to be "MAY", it is possible to implement 
on some platforms

<scribe> ACTION: Todd and xiaoqian to iterate on #38: 
https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/pull/38/files

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/40

We got a ping from plh@ on this, @xiaoqian will draft an update

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/37

There is no process to update old L1, close with no action.

<scribe> ACTION: Yoav to followup on issue and resolve with no action.

Performance Timeline
<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/77

proposal: add a register hook in PerfTimeline, and have specs call into 
it to register new entryTypes

<scribe> ACTION: Ilya to (re)draft based on old commit

Todd: we believe that this is important feature to ship 
PerformanceObserver; it's a blocker feature.

NavPreload: Edge has it implemented in dev version

<yoav> https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/81

Next Call
RESOLUTION: next design call, tentatively: July 26th, Aug 2nd

<scribe> ACTION: yoav and Ilya to review / update dashboard @ 
http://w3c.github.io/webperf-dashboard/

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Ilya to (re)draft based on old commit
[NEW] ACTION: Nick and Yoav to investigate what the expected behavior 
is, wire up some tests Nick + Yoav will investigate
[NEW] ACTION: Todd and xiaoqian to iterate on #38: 
https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/pull/38/files
[NEW] ACTION: Todd to wire up a WPT test
[NEW] ACTION: yoav and Ilya to review / update dashboard @ 
http://w3c.github.io/webperf-dashboard/
[NEW] ACTION: Yoav to compare processing vs attribute definitions and 
see if there are any changes to be made
[NEW] ACTION: Yoav to followup on issue and resolve with no action.
[NEW] ACTION: yoav to open new issue on charter-webperf to audit links 
and determine if/what build infra (and processes) we can put in place to 
keep links good

Summary of Resolutions
next design call, tentatively: July 26th, Aug 2nd
[End of minutes]

On 2018-06-27 05:12, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> Hey all, let's triage some issues this coming Thursday!
> 
> Please join us on hangout [1]. Feel free to edit and add to the agenda
> [2].
> 
> JUNE 28TH @ 11AM PST — TRIAGE (DASHBOARD [3])
> 
> 	*
> 
> Navigation Timing 2
> 
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/78 [4] - Merge RT and
> NT. Should this be a blocker?
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/65 [5] - Fix broken
> links
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/83 [6] - unload and
> iframes
> 
> 	*
> 
> Resource Timing
> 
> 	*
> 
> Multiple issues to discuss -
> https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/labels/discuss_280618 [7]
> 
> 	*
> 
> Page visibility
> 
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/34 [8] - hidden when
> obscured?
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/37 [9] - typo in L1
> 
> 	*
> 
> Performance Timeline
> 
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/77 [10] -
> enumerated list ot types
> 	*
> 
> https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/81 [11] - buffering
> behavior
> 
> 
> 
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/chromium.org/webperf-wg
> [2]
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/10dz_7QM5XCNsGeI63R864lF9gFqlqQD37B4q8Q46LMM/edit?usp=sharing
> [3] http://w3c.github.io/webperf-dashboard/
> [4] https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/78
> [5] https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/65
> [6] https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/issues/83
> [7] https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/labels/discuss_280618
> [8] https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/34
> [9] https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/issues/37
> [10] https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/77
> [11] https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/81
Received on Monday, 2 July 2018 12:51:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 July 2018 12:51:02 UTC