Re: Using preload for "async" CSS by changing `rel` trick

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Chris Harrelson <chrishtr@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 2:36 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Making the load event synchronous just if the style sheet happens to
>> be in a cache seems like a bad API. You effectively change the API
>> contract of <link> based on an externality.
>
> I see, ok. I think you're suggesting that the load event should be async. I
> agree.

Yes, but the thing is that the load event signals when we update the
style sheet list and such too. So if you insert the element and the
frame update happens to happen at the end of that task, you'll miss
the frame.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/