Re: [10/12/16] webperf group call @ 10AM PST

Meeting record is available ashttps://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-webperf-minutes.html <ashttps://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-webperf-minutes.html> and also in text form below.

---------

WebPerf Group Call -- 12 Oct 2016

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
igrigorik, toddreifsteck, yoav, plh, n8s, shubhie
Regrets
Chair
igrigorik
Scribe
igrigorik

igrigorik: hangout: please use https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/vcngoc6bkfbsljmkfktk3eizhie
... link I shared yesterday seems to have "timed out"...
... agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2016Oct/0000.html
... pull: https://github.com/w3c/hr-time/pull/29
... AI: ping Boris/Ryosuke for feedback; we'll take it for wider review
... next up: long task API

shubhie: one issue we found is exposing url of embedder/embedee, instead we're proposing to expose Window pointer instead of url
... one issue is retaining references to window objects

yoav_: might be a problem because they can't be GC'ed?

todd: pointer might be a good interim step to figure out what we need to expose

shubhie: we're working through the privacy/security review within Chrome
... tentatively, we think it's possible to ship this in M56
... one open question is how we handle out of process iframes

yoav/shubhie: ai: will transfer explainer to WICG

igrigorik: TPAC followup: https://github.com/w3c/charter-webperf/issues
... we're focusing on FP/FCP first as P1
... investigating input latency / working on proposal
... memory pressure..

todd: this is very relevant for lower end devices.. we see 2-3x difference in crashes on such devices; memory is probably the culprit
... every browser will have different telemetry / impact of this

igrigorik: https://github.com/w3c/charter-webperf/issues/27
... https://github.com/w3c/charter-webperf/issues/28
... https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/27
... Chrome bug: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=532399

toddreifsteck: I just added https://github.com/w3c/resource-timing/issues/27 to track the missing Web Platform Test for this spec update.

yoav_: CORS only for script modules: https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/1888

igrigorik: https://github.com/w3c/hr-time/issues/34
... decision: send HR-Time L2 to CR; we'll tackle #32 (missing test) in parallel

toddreifsteck: Resource Timing: https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/62

yoav_: re, crossorigin bits.. this: https://github.com/whatwg/fetch/issues/341 <<

---------

Thanks.