RE: [UserTiming]

Thanks for this.

From: Ilya Grigorik [mailto:igrigorik@google.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 5:46 PM
To: Grever, Pat <pat.grever@hp.com>
Cc: Shubhie Panicker <panicker@google.com>; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: [UserTiming]

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Grever, Pat <pat.grever@hp.com<mailto:pat.grever@hp.com>> wrote:
Note that I found the following page:  http://www.w3.org/TR/performance-timeline/ which does document these methods as part of the “Extensions to the Performance interface”, but when I originally searched I found the original page I referenced: http://www.w3.org/TR/user-timing/#performancemark which also documents “Extensions to the Performance interface”, but does not document the get methods.  Both include sample code that uses one of the get methods.  That is why I got confused because I was hoping to find a single place that documented all of the methods on the Performance interface, but each place seems to document only part of the interface.

Yep, this is exactly what motivated the "primer" document: https://w3c.github.io/perf-timing-primer/ - one place to see how all the things connect. That said, we can probably still do a better job of cross-referencing all the individual docs..

ig