From: Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@mit.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 7:27 PM
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: ACTION-153: Check getentrybytype("navigation-timing") usage

On 3/16/15 9:49 PM, Todd Reifsteck wrote:
> performance.getEntriesByName('document') returns navigation timing. //
> IMPLEMENTED BY IE. MISSING IN CHROME/FIREFOX

See thread starting
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jun/0015.html>
from 9 months ago or so.  Has something actually changed in the spec drafts since then to make them make sense around this stuff?

> performance.getEntriesByName(<name>) returns all user timings with the
> name, <name>. // IMPLEMENTED BY CHROME/IE. Performance.mark MISSING IN
> FIREFOX

User timing is implemented in Firefox 38, for what it's worth.

> performance.getEntriesByType('navigation')  returns navigation timing.
> // IMPLEMENTED BY IE. MISSING IN CHROME/FIREFOX

This is the same issue as the "document" one above.