Re: More on workerStart

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 6/17/15 7:47 PM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
>
>> Ok. Not 100% on the language, but an attempt...
>>
>> partial interface Performance {
>>    DOMHighResTimeStamp translateTime(DOMHighResTimeStamp time, (Window
>> or Worker) timeSource);
>> };
>>
>> The `translateTime` method MUST return a DOMHighResTimeStamp that is the
>> result of adding the provided `time`, and the difference of `now` method
>> called in the global of the performance object that is the `this` value
>> for the function call and the `now` method called in the provided
>> `timeSource`.
>>
>> (Something tells me this can be simplified.. :))
>>

> The last part should probably be "the difference between the time origin
> of the provided timeSource and the time origin of the global of the
> performance object that is the `this` value for the translateTime call".

Hmm, yeah.. time origin is time value from time is measured, so I guess we
don't need the `now` complication. The only other thing we should clarify
is what is being subtracted from what. Captured the new proposal on:
https://github.com/w3c/hr-time/pull/6#issuecomment-113217086

Also, PTAL at the time origin reply in that comment as well.

ig