From: Ilya Grigorik [mailto:igrigorik@google.com]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:28 AM
To: Nic Jansma
Cc: Todd Reifsteck; Philippe Le Hegaret; public-web-perf@w3.org; Boris Zbarsky
Subject: Re: [NavigationTiming] What's new and implemented in Nav Timing 2?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Nic Jansma <nic@nicj.net<mailto:nic@nicj.net>> wrote:
IMO the most useful thing from a RUM prespective would be the new fields that contain transfer/encoded/decoded bytes.

That's consistent with feedback I got from several teams at Google as well.

Re, "link negotiation" attribute: we've investigated adding this in Chrome [1], but so far it seems that this data is either not available or not easily accessible to the browser. I'd be curious to hear from other implementers on feasibility on their platforms.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=150727