Re: Making sense of the various web performance specifications

On 06/16/2015 03:13 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 6/16/15 2:51 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>>

>> On 06/16/2015 12:34 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>> There's no particular reason things couldn't be set up like so:
>>>
>>> HR-time: defines time origin, DOMHighResTimestamp, and a Performance
>>> interface with a single now() method.
>>>
>>> Perf Timeline: depends on HR-time, defines a "partial interface
>>> Performance" with the bits it wants to add.
>>
>> Unless I'm mistaken, this is what we have in the editor's drafts today.
>
> http://w3c.github.io/hr-time/ has "partial interface Performance".
> http://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/#the-performance-interface has
> "interface Performance".
>
> I think if you switched which of those is partial and which is the real
> definition you would be closer to where I think you want to be.

Here is the proposed changed for hr-time (buried inside the switch to
respec):
  https://github.com/w3c/hr-time/pull/7

(if we agree on that one, I'll make the change in performance-timeline)

> You'd probably want to make it explicitly clear that
> http://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/#widl-PerformanceEntry-startTime
> is relative to the time origin of the PerformanceEntry object's global,
> as defined in hr-time.

Tracked at
  https://github.com/w3c/performance-timeline/issues/25

Philippe