Re: More on workerStart

On 6/5/15 2:15 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 6/5/15 2:07 PM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
>> Let me know how that looks.
>
> Pretty good.  I had some minor nits that I just put as comments in the PR.

Actually, I just realized there is a problem: how exactly is this text
reusable from the definitions of navigationStart and performance.now()?
  It's associating a time origin with an environment settings object,
which those don't really have offhand, afaict.

I think it would be better to associate the time origin with a global
object instead.  Then navigationStart could use the time origin of the
global object the PerformanceTiming is associated with, and
performance.now() could use the time origin of the global object the
Performance is associated with.  And .workerStart could look at the time
origin of the global object of the incumbent settings object.