Re: More on workerStart

On 6/4/15 1:10 PM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
> "Time of starting the [navigation][2] responsible for loading the
> current document, unless a confirmation dialog is displayed during the
> [prompt to unload][3] algorithm, in which case the time of the user
> confirming the navigation must be used instead."

Right, that needs to be adjusting to work for initial about:blank as well.

> Reconciling that with earlier proposal in this thread, how about:

So just to make sure, we plan to define this timebase for Window objects
once, in one place, and then reference it from everywhere, right?

> "If the global settings object specified by the incumbent settings
> object is a WorkerGlobalScope object, the time origin must be equal to
> the time [when the worker script settings object is set
> up](http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/#set-up-a-worker-script-settings-object).

Seems reasonable.

> "The workerStart attribute MUST return a DOMHighResTimeStamp
> representing the difference between the worker's time origin and the
> time origin of the incumbent settings object. If the incumbent settings
> object's time origin is undefined, the workerStart MUST return 0."
>
> Yay/nay?

That works for me if we explicitly say, when defining the incumbent
settings object's time origin, that it's undefined in all cases other
than the ones we enumerated.