Re: "Packing on the Web" -- performance use cases / implications

Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing up that document to our attention. I wasn't aware of
this effort.

I've now reviewed the document and would submit detailed feedback to the
doc's repo.

I guess the main question for such a format would be if it's safe enough to
deploy over plain-text HTTP, since it enables cache population under a
certain path. Is it not something that can be abused, beyond the current
possible abuse of HTTP cache in MITM scenarios?
If it's safe enough, then I guess packaging can replace the current
cache-hostile practice of resource concatenation, as a stop-gap until
HTTP/2 push saves the day. That cache-hostility is often tackled by using
localStorage as a cache replacement, but I see how native cache population
would be better.

Do we have some data/predictions regarding the time it would take to get us
to, let's say, 50% server-side HTTP/2 deployment? That'd enable us to see
the value of working on a stop-gap measure now.

Yoav