Re: navigationStart and the actual start of the navigation

I see, thanks for the explanation. In this case, maybe we could go for:

"This attribute must return the time when the user agent determines that
the navigation will happen. For navigations from documents other than the
initial about:blank of the browsing context, this is the time when the user
agent finishes prompting to unload the previous document."

Actually, the second sentence might be redundant - the time when the user
agent determines that the navigation will happen in the presence of a
document already loaded in the browsing context is the end of beforeunload.
For new browsing context this happens before about:blank is loaded, e.g.
when the user clicks on "open link in new tab".

Wdyt?

Cheers,
Przemek