Re: [resource-hints] first spec draft

From: <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:49:11 -0500
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
To: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>
Hi Ilya,

The use of the attribute "context" in the LINK element is confusing to me. Your doc includes a reference to the FETCH spec (http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org) for a definition of context. But then in that table it says the context of a LINK rel=subresource should be "sub resource".

Also, in your resource-hints doc, you indicate that context is mainly provided for priority. But do we also want to use it to provide a way to set the Accept header values in the preloaded request?

Thanks in advance for clarification,

Peter