Re: navigationStart and the actual start of the navigation

On 7/23/14, 1:07 PM, Przemysław Pietrzkiewicz wrote:
> Agreed; I think that for some applications "most" will not be good
> enough though.

My point was that typically the work beforeunload does will be perceived
as part of the page load by the user.

> Maybe recording navigationStart earlier but providing new
> intermediate points so that it's possible to exclude the onbeforeunload
> event if needed would be reasonable?

Sure.  Or, again, resetting the navigationStart time if a prompt is
actually shown.

> Wdyt?

Doesn't seem completely insane.

> PS I'm ooo until the 4th of August with limited email access, apologies
> for any inconvenience.

I'm likewise out Aug 5-19, fwiw.