Re: Support for page/resource size

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:00:59 -0400
To: Anthony van der Hoorn <anthony.vanderhoorn@gmail.com>, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>, riteshm@gmail.com, bizzbyster@gmail.com, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: "aheady@microsoft.com" <aheady@microsoft.com>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On 7/13/14, 12:03 PM, Anthony van der Hoorn wrote:
> - Size is the combined size of the response headers (usually a few
> hundred bytes) plus the response body, as delivered by the server.

My question was what "response body" means.  Is it the entity/payload
body or the message body?

If we're counting the size of the headers, then using the size of the
entity/payload body would be the most sensible thing, since that's what
goes on the wire with the headers.  But other comments in this thread
suggest that's not what Chrome does...

-Boris