Re: [resource hints] preconnect, preload, prender

On 1/20/2014 5:32 AM, Jonny Rein Eriksen wrote:
> During testing I realized it would be helpful if the resource hints
> could be given on the redirect from http://yahoo.co.jp/ to
> http://www.yahoo.co.jp/. But I am not sure if the content of a
> redirect is even parsed once a location header is seen by the client?

If we defined header-based alternatives for each of the directives then
the preconnect information could be passed on the response headers along
with the redirect.  As a bonus, it also makes it really easy for an
admin to enable preconnects on a site-wide basis without having to make
any content changes.