Re: Notification for new navigation timing entries

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Joshua Peek <josh@joshpeek.com> wrote:

> Theres no notification when
> new performance entries have been recorded. This requires invasive
> code to recheck the performance entries buffer.

Josh, why wouldn't you just use measure / clearMarks? I don't think you
need to traverse the full buffer.

function markIt(name) {
  performance.mark(name); // or use measure with optional start/end params
  // grab the timing data, do what you need to do with it
  performance.clearMarks(name);
}

// your code
markIt("some-event");
// more code
markIt("other-event");

Point being, you know when the event is available.. it's when you call
mark. For NavTiming this happens to be after onloadEnd.

ig