Re: [agenda] Web Performance WG Teleconference #125 Agenda 2014-02-12

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:
> Seems like there's consensus on all the open issues for Beacon. Please
> review the latest draftat:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/Beacon/Overview.html
>
> Jonas, looks like we want to allow beacon without a request body.
>
> boolean sendBeacon(DOMString url, (ArrayBufferView or Blob or DOMString or
> FormData) data);
>
> Should I change it to:
>
> boolean sendBeacon(DOMString url, optional (ArrayBufferView or Blob or
> DOMString or FormData) data);

I think even better is

boolean sendBeacon(DOMString url, optional (ArrayBufferView or Blob or
DOMString or FormData)? data = null);

That way passing <null> as body will not send any body. With the
webidl in your proposal, explicitly passing <null> would send the
string "null" I think.

/ Jonas