Re: On web-performance github

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 11:07 -0400, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On April 24, 2014 at 11:02:41 AM, Marcos Caceres (w3c@marcosc.com) wrote:
> >

> > On April 24, 2014 at 10:37:52 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org) wrote:
> > > https://github.com/w3c/web-performance
> > >
> > > The default branch is gh-pages.
> > >
> > > If you can't push to the repository, send your github username to me and
> > > I'll add it.
> > >
> > > Hopefully, I've got all the settings right.
> >
> > Thanks for setting this up, Philippe. Very much appreciated.
>
> Just wondering, what was the rationale for putting everything into a single directory instead of splitting each spec into its own repository? It's definitely workable, but seems like things could get messy.

web-performance was a copy from the mercurial and the entire history was
preserved. It hasn't been messy in the past and we have one directory
for each specification so one can see the history for each spec if
needed (e.g. [1]).

Philippe

[1]
https://github.com/w3c/web-performance/commits/gh-pages/specs/NavigationTiming2