From: Ivan Kotenkov [mailto:kotenkov@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:20 AM
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: [ResourcePriorities] svg feimage comments

Hello!

Does appending "lazyload" and "postpone" attributes to svg feImage node affect SVG 1.1 specification? If so, was this discussed with SVG group? If the above mentioned attributes are not added to the SVG spec, for the purpose of compatibility with the SVG spec, using a separate xmlns may be useful, e.g. perf:lazyload

On the lower level, I think another clarification is needed. SVG 1.1 specification contains SVGLoad event:
"The event is triggered at the point at which the user agent has fully parsed the element and its descendants and is ready to act appropriately upon that element, such as being ready to render the element to the target device. Referenced external resources that are required<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/single-page.html#struct-ExternalResourcesRequired> must be loaded, parsed and ready to render before the event is triggered. Optional external resources are not required to be ready for the event to be triggered."
The draft should explicitly state what should be done when feimage has externalResourcesRequired="true" and a lazyload attribute (it seems to me that these attribute conflict and lazyload should have no effect in this situation).

Also, I think SVG 1.1 specification should be added to the reference list.

--
Regads,
Ivan Kotenkov