Re: [ResourcePriorities] Spec updates

On 11/21/13 3:00 PM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 22:50, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>
>> > Reading the Resource Priorities draft they describe lazyload as
>>postponing and vice versa."
>>
>> Maybe it would help to use clearer names than argue which means what.
>> lowpriority seems clearer than postpone.

lowpriority is skewed because is doesn't carry the 'order of importance'
as much.

>I agree... these names are not very clear. I also tend to get them the
>wrong way around and often find myself having to look them up.

I have suggested 'delay' in the past. Just a shorter synonym to defer.

Though 'postpone' seems proper, as it carries the same semantics as defer,
which provides 'ordered deferred' behavior (IE10+) for scripts.

Free Dictionary definitions being:
postpone [pəʊstˈpəʊn pəˈspəʊn]vb (tr)
1. to put off or delay until a future time
2. to put behind in order of importance; defer