Re: [Beacon] Review of current spec

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:

> OK. Dumb question: how do we compress the payload in sendBeacon()
> (assuming we know the server can handle it)?

Therein lies the problem - you can't, at least not via any standard API.
There are pure JS implementations out there, but that's suboptimal... While
we're on the subject, having such an API would be very beneficial for XHR,
WebSockets, and this case as well.

I don't think this is something we need to tackle as part of Beacon API.
Instead, we should solve it at a higher layer... since we already accept
Blob, it would work without any modifications once such an API is available.