Re: [ResourcePriorities] Only specify lazyload on img

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 00:50:13 +0200
To: "James Simonsen" <simonjam@google.com>
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 00:05:19 +0200, James Simonsen <simonjam@google.com>
wrote:

>> This is already addressed by <script async>.
>

> Blink blocks the load event on <script async>. Is that a bug? It seems
> someone would've complained by now.

Well, I thought so... but maybe I was wrong. The spec says

"Fetching an external script must delay the load event of the element's
document until the task that is queued by the networking task source once
the resource has been fetched (defined above) has been run."

We could of course change the spec so that <script async> does not delay
onload, unless that breaks pages.

> http://stevesouders.com/cuzillion/?c0=hb0hfff0_1_t&t=1372197824038
>
> Another thought: async begins loading immediately. Lazyload may start

I'm not sure the spec requires async to begin loading immediately.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software