W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > January 2013

[minutes] Web Performance WG Teleconference #93 2013-01-16

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:32:48 +0000
To: "'public-web-perf@w3.org'" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5906793031ce47828c573bdaf2ff624c@BLUPR03MB065.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Meeting Summary:



1.     Test Cases

Jatinder will submit updated test cases for Page Visibility and Resource Timing, and will review User Timing test cases submitted by Intel. James will submit additional Resource Timing test cases.



2.     Resource Timing Duplicate Resources

The Resource Timing specification needs clarification on what to do when there are duplicate requests for the same resource in different tabs. James will re-start the mailing thread discussions.



3.     New Specifications

Editors are encouraged to share proposals for the new specifications with the working group and discuss their specification ideas on the conference calls and mailing list. We plan to publish the new specifications as FPWD in 2 months.




W3C Web Performance WG Teleconference #93 2013-01-16



IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-webperf-irc



Meeting Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-webperf-minutes.html



Attendees

Jatinder Mann, Arvind Jain, James Simonsen, JeffH


Scribe

Jatinder Mann



Agenda

1.     Discuss Test Cases issues

2.     Discuss Open Spec issues

3.     New Specifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Minutes:
Test Cases

James: http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Intel/user-timing/

Jatinder: I'll review those test cases.
... If Intel's test cases have anything that the tests cases I submitted are missing, I'll pull those in.
... James, per your feedback, I'll update the Resource Timing test cases to not use sync XHRs, and use async XHRs.
... Also, you mentioned you were going to upload additional Resource Timing tests, I'll review them.

James: Will do.

Jatinder: I will have two patches for the Page Visibility tests up hopefully by next week.
Resource Timing

Jatinder: We had discussed the scenario where we have duplicate requests for resources from two different tabs. I believe the mailing thread went cold - we should close on how we wanted to update the spec. I don't think this will change the CR status, as we just wanted clarification here.

James: I'll follow up.
New Specs

Jatinder: Once the AC reps approve the new charter and we all re-join the working group, we can publish our new specs as FPWD. That doesn't block us from submitting drafts and discussing on the calls and mailing lists. Feel free to add your specs to the agenda for the weekly conference call, if you are ready to talk about them.
Received on Friday, 18 January 2013 00:35:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:34 UTC